About Me

My photo
I am married to Steve for 32 years this year. He is definitely my true sole mate. We have a son, Rod, and Rod has a beautiful daughter Georgia, who is my sweetheart. Georgia is five and is in a foreign language institute (FLY) program at her school. The class is is taught in spanish only. She is doing very well and we are all so very proud of her. I seem to be a quilting dreamer these days. So many of life's tasks are keeping me away from my sewing machine. I have at least 4 unfinished quilts that are constantly tugging at me. This is the of the finished quilts.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 17, 2010

SEWING DAY!

I woke up at 7 am and began thinking about this very special day 41 years ago. Today is my son Rodney's Birthday. It is so hard to believe that 41 years has gone by so fast. I started my day very early with my water breaking, then a call to the doc, then waiting for those labor pains to start, then a quick ride to the hospital. Labor had to be induced and I endured the pains until 7:30 pm. Then the doc decided to perform a c-section and I had my boy at 7:37 pm. And he was a big little man at 21 inches and 9 pounds and the only boy in the nursery. All of the nurses had fun referring to the nursery as his harem. I know every Mother goes thur the birthing process of every child on their birthdays. It is a special experience. And later today when I take Rodney and Georgia for his Birthday lunch he will hear the story one more time, but I will probably note more of the details.

I just finished my cinnamon toast and am taking my coffee with to my sewing room. I will open all of the windows and enjoy this fall air. Today is a little cool and overcast and reminds of the climate in Cambria.

Pacific International Quilt Show was very fun. I looked at so many quilts and came home inspired to sew, sew, sew. I purchased two Robyn Pandolph 5"x5" Rue Saint Germain square packs and 2 of Moda's 5"x5" Gobble Gobble square packs, bamboo batting for my Posh king size quilt, and a purple Tutto travel bag for my sewing machine. I also purchased three patterns from Fig Tree Designs, a dress pattern for Georgia,a Jelly Girl pattern, and Dancing Dollies Samples pattern.

Do I have to add these new patterns to my "Waiting For Kathy" list? I don't have fabric for them yet, so will add to my list when that happens.

No comments: