About Me

My photo
I am married to Steve for 32 years this year. He is definitely my true sole mate. We have a son, Rod, and Rod has a beautiful daughter Georgia, who is my sweetheart. Georgia is five and is in a foreign language institute (FLY) program at her school. The class is is taught in spanish only. She is doing very well and we are all so very proud of her. I seem to be a quilting dreamer these days. So many of life's tasks are keeping me away from my sewing machine. I have at least 4 unfinished quilts that are constantly tugging at me. This is the of the finished quilts.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 9, 2010

LOVING THE FALL WEATHER!

It is Saturday morning and I'm getting a lazy start to the weekend. Since I was at Pismo Beach last weekend and the weekend before at my nephew's wedding,I have to catch up on life's duties like washing the accumulation of dirty clothing. Thank goodness I have a good housekeeper every three weeks. She keeps me pretty neat and tidy. I would probably let things go too long if it was up to me to be the house cleaner. I would certainly pick sewing or gardening before cleaning. I wonder if there is clothes washing person that comes to your house?

I finished my Nephew Josh's wedding quilt and will begin posting quilt pictures soon. I need to have time at my business computer to post pictures, since the posting of pictures to a blog on my iPad is very involved. I would love to prepare my newly finished king size Chez Moi quilt top for quilting today, but the washing is first since my hubby and I are off to a Elk's Lodge State President's dinner this evening. Semi-formal dress is required. So there goes most of Saturday to the Elks. Tomorrow I have plans to be home and make the day mine alone. Steve will be laying some new entry tiles at Our business, Morrison's Silkscreen and Embroidery.

I am pretty jazzed about a ruffled quilt pattern I found via Jodie Bisigg's Blog. She is involved with vintage sheet quilts, which brought my curiosity to this pattern. When I saw the quilt I was immediately drawn to make it for my Grandaughter, Georgia. I have been making her a quilt for each of her birthdays. Georgia turned four this last May 5th. Yes, I will certainly post pictures very soon. I purchased the pattern on line and have been reviewing this morning while laying in bed. The author suggests taking your time and allowing up to 4 months to complete. This will allow you to work on it a bit at a time. So now I will be off to shop for sheets at the thrift stores and looking into my own sheet collection.

Gotta go start my have-to-dos so I can play tomorrow.

2 comments:

Katherine Josh said...

Loquat is for cough and lung in Chinese medicine. Sometimes i would take the Ninjiom Pei Pa Koa which is an extract of loquat when got scratchy throat.

You can access info online @
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
ninjiom.50webs.com

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Can't wait to see what your ruffled quilt will look like - I'm sure Georgia will just love it.
Glad you're coming with us next weekend to Pacific Int'l. I'm making a list of what I want to get. Let's see how close to the list I stay.