About Me

My photo
I am married to Steve for 32 years this year. He is definitely my true sole mate. We have a son, Rod, and Rod has a beautiful daughter Georgia, who is my sweetheart. Georgia is five and is in a foreign language institute (FLY) program at her school. The class is is taught in spanish only. She is doing very well and we are all so very proud of her. I seem to be a quilting dreamer these days. So many of life's tasks are keeping me away from my sewing machine. I have at least 4 unfinished quilts that are constantly tugging at me. This is the of the finished quilts.

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 15, 2010

Clothespin Bat!

Here is the picture of the clothespin bat.  My Mom always made these around Halloween.  She gave me a bat about 10 years ago and I still have it.  This year my Granddaughter Georgia was old enough to help cut them out of Fun Foam and glue to black painted clothes pins.  She took two home and I kept two for myself.  The next project we will make for Halloween will be Jack-o-lantern cans.  We will be painting some cans with orange paint and making a jack-o-lantern face by punching the can with a nail and then adding a wire handle to carry.  We will then put a candle inside to light at night.  Georgia was practicing her hammering of nails last night with her Grampa supervising. So she should be ready to make holes in the cans on Monday.

No comments: