About Me

My photo
I am married to Steve for 32 years this year. He is definitely my true sole mate. We have a son, Rod, and Rod has a beautiful daughter Georgia, who is my sweetheart. Georgia is five and is in a foreign language institute (FLY) program at her school. The class is is taught in spanish only. She is doing very well and we are all so very proud of her. I seem to be a quilting dreamer these days. So many of life's tasks are keeping me away from my sewing machine. I have at least 4 unfinished quilts that are constantly tugging at me. This is the of the finished quilts.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Material Girls Signature Blocks!

I have finished quilting my quilt and am ready to make a label and hand sew the binding.  This is the first year of the MG challenges that I have been so far ahead of our December reveal and Christmas Party.  Sorry I won't be able to show a picture until after the reveal.  There are 17 Material Girls in our friendship group.  I hope to see everyone's quilt completed.  Our challenge this year was signature blocks from everyone in the group.  We picked our theme and block size.  I chose Halloween blocks at 6 1/2".  Barbara Sindlinger was so nice to organize a list of everyones wants.  We all made 17 blocks as each of us requested.  When I received my blocks I wasn't sure what to do, but after some meditation and reviewing fabrics from my stash I came up with a plan, and I am pleased with the final quilt.  I think this quilt will be for wall hanging.  Too bad I didn't complete this project last week so I could hang for this year's Halloween.   I did get to handle all of the Halloween fabrics during October.

I wanted to make a note of a new purchase on my part, a Dyson 25 Animal vacuum.  After reading Susie Kissler's blog I was sold and I have experienced the same superb cleaning of my carpets and non-carpeted floors.  I was absolutely amazed at the amount of dog hair and dirt that this vacuum picked up.  And my house cleaning people had just been cleaned on the previous Tuesday.  Don't get me wrong, they do a great job, I just think they need a different vacuum (I think they use a upright Oreck).

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I'm excited to see everyone's quilts too. I'm excited to see what I'll do with my own blocks. :)
This is the first time I haven't finished mine before October.