About Me

My photo
I am married to Steve for 32 years this year. He is definitely my true sole mate. We have a son, Rod, and Rod has a beautiful daughter Georgia, who is my sweetheart. Georgia is five and is in a foreign language institute (FLY) program at her school. The class is is taught in spanish only. She is doing very well and we are all so very proud of her. I seem to be a quilting dreamer these days. So many of life's tasks are keeping me away from my sewing machine. I have at least 4 unfinished quilts that are constantly tugging at me. This is the of the finished quilts.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Getting my store windows ready for Christmas.

I have spent most of Saturday getting my windows dressed for Christmas at Morrison's Silkscreen an Embroidery. First I dismantled the previous display of letterman jackets and Versacam t-shirts samples. Then I vacuumed everything (lots of dead flies) and cleaned the windows. I then covered the walls and pinboard with red and gold Christmas paper. After checking my inventory of twinkle lights I found that they all do not work, so off to find new ones. This year I purchased colored twinkle lights. I have always used the white clear. I also had to purchase a new hand stapler. Stuff just doesn't last forever. I got the lights installed and some shinny green garland looped over the windows. The next thing I did was start pinning the display to the walls. I did not finish, so will be going back today after breakfast.

This afternoon my husband, Steve needs my help laying Formica on some new counters for our rental that my son lives in. We have been renovating this rental off and on for the last two years. Everything is coming together very nicely. The kitchen is the last room to finish.

Maybe I'll get sew later today. I am trying to finish several baby quilts.

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Going to take pictures of your window display to share here?

See you Tuesday night!