About Me

My photo
I am married to Steve for 32 years this year. He is definitely my true sole mate. We have a son, Rod, and Rod has a beautiful daughter Georgia, who is my sweetheart. Georgia is five and is in a foreign language institute (FLY) program at her school. The class is is taught in spanish only. She is doing very well and we are all so very proud of her. I seem to be a quilting dreamer these days. So many of life's tasks are keeping me away from my sewing machine. I have at least 4 unfinished quilts that are constantly tugging at me. This is the of the finished quilts.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Another Turkey Day gone bye bye!

I started the day making a pumpkin and a pecan pie. Then I roasted some yams to candy later, then I put together my dressing to stuff the turkey breast. Yes a turkey breast. I stuffed the neck and turned the breast front down and filled the cavity with dressing, covered with foil and put in the oven using the convection setting. After cleaning up the kitchen I proceeded to mix up Parker House dinner rolls from scratch. I've been studying this recipe in my Food magazine the last week or so, and just got the bug to be a baker today. I also put together the traditional green bean casserole and mashed potatoes and gravy. Finally at 5:00pm we sat down to our Tanksgiving Dinner.

There were just the four of us, me, my hubby Steve, my son Rod, and my granddaughter Georgia. Dinner was simply fabulous. Everything I prepared was delicious. And yes, we have plenty of leftovers.

Now Steve and I are watching a movie and I am finishing the binding on a baby quilt for a new little great niece in Texas.

Tomorrow night is the Christmas Parade in downtown Hanford. Rod, Georgia and I will go together and Steve will be in the parade walking with the giant Elks American flag. After the parade we Will be at the Elks Lodge for hot chocolate and hot dogs. It will be cold so we will need to dress very warm.

No comments: