About Me

My photo
I am married to Steve for 32 years this year. He is definitely my true sole mate. We have a son, Rod, and Rod has a beautiful daughter Georgia, who is my sweetheart. Georgia is five and is in a foreign language institute (FLY) program at her school. The class is is taught in spanish only. She is doing very well and we are all so very proud of her. I seem to be a quilting dreamer these days. So many of life's tasks are keeping me away from my sewing machine. I have at least 4 unfinished quilts that are constantly tugging at me. This is the of the finished quilts.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Elk's Mid-Term Convention

Last Thursday I travelled with my husband, Steve to Santa Clara for the Elk's Lodge Mid-Term Convention.  We met lots of new faces and visited with many of our  friends.  While I was in the San Jose area I shopped, visited hospitality rooms, had some very lovely meals, and enjoyed the company of friends.  When Steve decided to be the Exalted Ruler two years ago I had no idea the scope of the Elk's fraternal organization. It is simply mind boggling the amount of monies they have generated for charity.  And they have a great deal of fun doing these projects.  I had a very enjoyable time with my Elk friends.

While I was in Santa Clara I shopped for vintage sheets to make that ruffled quilt for my Granddaughter Georgia.  To my surprise there were not very many to find.  So I am thinking that by February, if I am diligent enough to check all of the second hand stores I come across I will have the 8 to 10 twin size sheets to make a twin size quilt for her May 5th birthday.

Tonight is Material Girl's night a Pam's house.  I've been working on some Grandma Flower Garden pieces.  I am not sure what I will do with all of these little guys, but I'm making them anyway.  It's a good way to use scraps from other projects.  I have a fall table runner I could cut and have ready in time for Thanksgiving.  Tonight should be a fun night, while I was out of town I missed the 42% off sale at Thimble Town and Barb's birthday party.  So it will be fun to catch up on all the gossip and maybe there will be show and tell from the sale.

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Cute picture of Georgia and your son.