About Me

My photo
I am married to Steve for 32 years this year. He is definitely my true sole mate. We have a son, Rod, and Rod has a beautiful daughter Georgia, who is my sweetheart. Georgia is five and is in a foreign language institute (FLY) program at her school. The class is is taught in spanish only. She is doing very well and we are all so very proud of her. I seem to be a quilting dreamer these days. So many of life's tasks are keeping me away from my sewing machine. I have at least 4 unfinished quilts that are constantly tugging at me. This is the of the finished quilts.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Peonies and Oakleaf Hydrangeas

These beautiful flowers sit beneath a pecan tree at the east end of my front flower border.  I have a collection of David Austin roses and another collection of Martha Stewart roses in full bloom.  The Bachelor Buttons are shoulder high to me and wave in the breeze.  I am so looking forward to the back yard shade garden to bloom with pink and blue Hydrangeas.  I planted my vegetable garden last weekend and will show pictures of the progress soon.

There hasn't been too much quilting happening, since my father-in-law is visiting from Texas.  My sewing room has a Murphy Bed, and when we have a visitor my sewing room becomes a guest room.   My husbands father is 90 years old and gets around very well.  Right now he is playing a round of golf.

2 comments:

sewmuchfun said...

Your yard is beautiful! Hope you can get back to quilting soon :)

Barbara Sindlinger said...

At least you can garden if you can't sew. Enjoy your father-in-laws visit.