About Me

My photo
I am married to Steve for 32 years this year. He is definitely my true sole mate. We have a son, Rod, and Rod has a beautiful daughter Georgia, who is my sweetheart. Georgia is five and is in a foreign language institute (FLY) program at her school. The class is is taught in spanish only. She is doing very well and we are all so very proud of her. I seem to be a quilting dreamer these days. So many of life's tasks are keeping me away from my sewing machine. I have at least 4 unfinished quilts that are constantly tugging at me. This is the of the finished quilts.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vintage Ruffled Sheet Quilt

As some of you may already know my plan to make Georgia a quilt for every birthday until she turns 21.  I've been collecting vintage flower patterned sheets to make a ruffled quilt for my Georgia's 5th birthday on May 5th, Cinco de Mayo.  We always have so much fun at her birthday party, and yes we seem to favor the theme of the day, margaritas, chips and salsa, BBQ chicken, rice and beans, and a Pinata.  Last year I hosted the party at my house with a bounce house.  Georgia is already making plans for this years party.  She asked me to be thinking about a bounce house and a big cake with flowers and birds on it.  I guess I better get with the ruffled quilt pronto or I'll be late again.

When I was in Texas my sister-n-laws both gave me sheets that had belonged to their Mother and Mother-n-law.  So these are really vintage.  I have some sheets from my Mom too.  So I better get busy starting this weekend.

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

So I expect to see the quilt next Tuesday. hahaha