About Me

My photo
I am married to Steve for 32 years this year. He is definitely my true sole mate. We have a son, Rod, and Rod has a beautiful daughter Georgia, who is my sweetheart. Georgia is five and is in a foreign language institute (FLY) program at her school. The class is is taught in spanish only. She is doing very well and we are all so very proud of her. I seem to be a quilting dreamer these days. So many of life's tasks are keeping me away from my sewing machine. I have at least 4 unfinished quilts that are constantly tugging at me. This is the of the finished quilts.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rainy Day an St Patricks's Day!

Too wet to plant anything new in my gardens. We need this rain and more, but I have the gardening bug. Maybe tomorrow I can get out to plant some vegetable seeds and some zinnias, moss roses, phlox, and some poppies, sacbiosas, nasturtium's, and some sunflowers along the back of my vegetable garden.

I tend to collect seed packets wherever I travel. I have a pink wicker basket that I organize my seeds in. One weekend not to long ago my daughter-n-law, Claire and my granddaughter, Georgia were house sitting for me. Georgia is soon to be six. She knows that our friends Larry and Juanita will have their wedding in our garden this June. Well she took my seed basket to the back garden area and planted many of my flower seeds in the lawn area to create a pathway for the bride walk to be married. I do not think these plantings will have a chance to grow to maturity, as the lawn will be mowed on a weekly basis very soon. Georgia is becoming quiet the gardener, following my lead I'm sure.

This next week I will travel to Cambria with five other quilting friends for a quilting retreat. My friend Barbara Sindlinger will be doing a trunk show for the Nipomo Qult Guild on Thursday morning. We are all very excited for her. Barbara is a prolific quilter and admired by all of us. This five day retreat will be a much needed escape from my daily routine. I plan to sew, eat, and take walks, and visit with my friends, and relax, and do some reading too.

Today at 5 pm my hubby and I are going to a St. Patrick's party at Judy and Nat's annual get to gether. Lots of people to visit with, drinks, and a variety of green foods.

Well I am off to create some breakfast and the start the washing of clothes and then to the sewing room. Need to start getting ready for the retreat next week.

No comments: